Monday 20 August 2012

Day-10

Nature Heals

Hope and Healing Nature's Way....

 

The title of my newest creation on this beautiful day:

 

"Hope and Healing Nature's Way" (paper & paint)

Or I could call it, "Rasta Sun" :)

 

But actually, this mixed media painting was inspired by a job interview I had last Friday, where the overuse of prescription drugs and an alternative use of vitamins for mental health came up during a role play I was engaged in.  When I got home, I wrote an email to someone sharing about this and gave an example, where a friend of mine recently had chosen meditation over medication.

Then later that day I found the newspaper clipping on the left that says: "Hope and Healing Nature's Way" and I just had to do something with that. The colours are kind of rasta inspired and I guess, the medicinal use of marijuana is also considered a natural treatment. I wish though I could post some music on this blog; first "Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot for Maria yesterday and now some Raggae to go with 'Rasta Sun', but I guess, it is what it is :)

 

******

 

 

Well, Maddy is back with this jewel:

 

"Flowers" (encaustic)

"My latest creation. You never know where things will end up....this was going to be a water scene, lots of colours built up, but irises and pansies started to appear! Add a little bit of sparkle and voila!" Maddy


 ******

 

And Maria has this to share:

 

 "Outside" (fabric & yarn)


Which looks a lot like her farm in Sweden, I believe....

Maria writes: "Today, I am not talkative (but satisfied) and will keep it short with a quote from the Dalai Lama: 'Nothing is more relaxing than to embrace what comes.' "

 

******

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susanne:

    I just went onto your blog...I love reading all the inspirational writings and viewing the lovely creations posted on your site. As I was looking at "Rasta Sun" I realized that it has a similar feel to my "Fire on the Mountain"....yours has sunshine dripping down the mountains and mine has fire or lava dripping down.....we must have been in a similar space at the time!

    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Maddy, that invisible connection seems to happen when our intentions are aligned and we are co-creating....:)

    Thanks for participating and sharing!

    Blessings and love,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete