Tuesday 21 August 2012

Day-11

Art and the Narrative

Context creates meaning....and makes art more interesting

 

"Surfing the Wave" (paper & paints)


Surfing the waves of my inner sea of thoughts and feelings has become a metaphor for me in my search for inner peace with all that is, partly because I love the ocean so much. Also, because I noticed in meditation that I could not make my thoughts go away, no matter how much I focused on my breath and a mantra. Thoughts were coming and going like waves on a beach, and so I decided intuitively to surrender to them, instead of trying to control them.

I started to surf the waves of my constantly shifting inner experience by focusing my attention and following each wave up close in matching motion with my breath. I realised that I was not my thoughts and feelings, and I found that the very act of surfing creates inner peace, no matter how turbulent the waves are. That is because not only do I accept my thoughts and feelings as being there, but also by not trying to change them, they precisely do change. 

Wishing you all a peaceful day,
Susanne

******

 

Maria's Narrative and Art Today:


This morning something made me angry, but then came a bird of prey and turned his rounds above my head high in the sky for half an hour. After that, nothing bugged me anymore.  Today's flag is a 'thank you' to this bird:


(fabric, photo, yarn & found object)

******



Our other regular contributor is Maddy, who has been house sitting and just sent in a number of encaustic creations, now that she has access to a computer:



"Fire On The Mountain" (encaustic)


"Good Morning!

I've been housesitting and not able to post my paintings. Again, my idea for this one was completely different from the end result...at least where I stopped! I like that about encaustics....it's so immediate and so changeable! Maddy"



 
"Ancient Cavern" (encaustic)


".... as it evolved and the texture was revealed, it reminded me of hieroglyphics on the wall of an ancient tomb... Maddy"



 "Meteor Shower" (encaustic)


"This was inspired by the amazing meteor showers that have been dancing in the night sky the last week or so... Maddy"

******

No comments:

Post a Comment