Wednesday 29 August 2012

Day-19

Two More Days Of Art-Making....

...or a life time, is it?

 

 

Some quotes by famous artists on creating ART:


Pablo Picasso
"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."

Leo Tolstoy
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."

Vincent Van Gogh
"The only time I feel alive is when I'm painting."

Emile Zola
"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, as an artist I will answer you: 
I am here to live out loud."

Michelangelo
"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection."

 Francis Bacon
"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."



Today's Painting:

 

"By The Pond" (acrylic paint)

 

Hide And Seek

                                   hide and seek                                   
come and find me
among the soulful trees
or in the high grass by the pond
waiting for a kiss on my forehead
or for your warm lips to find mine

come and find me
my green eyes
no longer hiding my soul
and my slim body seeking
your gentle touch

come and find me
my body hiding among the slender grass
and my firm breasts seeking
as the water lilies are longing
for the naked sun

come and find yourself
in the reflection of the pond
or in the mirror of my soul
our hearts neither hiding
nor our minds any longer seeking

we are one

by Susanne
 

******



Maria's Flag Of The Day:

 

 "Fall Leaves" 
 (fabric, yarn & leaves)

"Today, my finger ended up appropriately on 'Herbstlaub' (Fall Leaves). The flowers on my flag are dedicated to my grandson who turns seven today! Only two more flags to sew, then the result will be ready to be seen in the forest - will send photos of course!!!  Maria


******

2 comments:

  1. I love 'by the pond' Susanne, and your poem is beautiful. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and I am happy you enjoyed both!

    ReplyDelete