Tuesday 14 August 2012

Day-4

Letting Go....

...of the Outcome!

 

 "Letting Go" (paint, ink & paper)

"Letting Go", that is the tarot card I pulled this day and this is the painting that goes with it...with its analogous colours (colours beside each other on the colour wheel) and my struggle to let it go when I felt something wasn't quite 'right'. Oh well, at least the painting made it to this blog by mid day, and is it 'perfect'? No, but I let it go :)

It was actually quite fun until I fussed at the end with those now black dots in the middle, that once  before were red, blue and then purple. The painting is part of an old demo painting from a composition class I taught not too long ago. I cut and glued it on to my new canvas, then added more paint, while drinking red wine and nibbling on a piece of cheese. During the drying intermissions, I danced barefoot to loud music by Cirque Du Soleil.

Then, the funniest thing happened: As I started varnishing the 'finished' painting, the black ink came off those "fussy dots" and, so I had to let go all over again :) This is what it looks like right now and no telling if it is finished...I guess only if I can really let go!?:)

"Letting Go 2" 

*****

 

Maddy's New Creation:

 

 
"At The Beach" (encaustic)

I was at the beach today looking for shells, beach glass....Maddy


*****


Maria's 4th Prayer Flag:

 

  "Could" (fabric, yarn, ink & pen) 


"I put my finger on the word: "Could". Oh je! What all one could do? For example, to just follow ones heart. This is how it looks for me sometimes." Maria

 

*****

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment