Monday 6 August 2012

Aug 11 - 31, 2012:

Become inspired and join me in creating one small mixed media painting each day for 21 days (collage, paint, ink, pen, pastels, paper, photos and found objects; all goes).

This week Sat. Aug 11, you can expect my first collage/painting on a 8x6" canvas board (from the Colwood Dollar Store) to appear on this blog.
I also will write something about each creation: how it was inspired, what was involved and any thoughts or feelings about it.

Maybe write me a comment that you are joining in, how it is going for you and any questions you might have on the way.


If you want to join in, my suggestions for now are that you:

1. Allow yourself to be inspired by your day, even with 'simple' clippings, text and images, such as a ticket stub or a napkin from a work lunch.

2. Pull a tarot card and let its content get your creative juices flowing.

3. Open a page of a book and with your eyes closed have your finger point on one word that will then become the inspiration or even focus of your mixed media collage/painting/drawing.

4. Check out this website for ideas: www.squidoo.com/creative-collage

5. Join the writing and mixed media circle with Junie and I on Tue afternoons to get you started.

6. Let some simple sketches of different compositions energize your next creation (see below).

7. Rip up old paintings and collage them new or use the old painting as a background to collage and paint on.

8. Get your art supplies out and hold nothing back--let the creative fun begin!

All love,
Susanne

6 comments:

  1. Well I'm definitely IN to create from scratch OR finish something that I have in progress for twenty one days straight. Excellent idea so count me IN! And just let me say that I'm honored to post the premiere comment on this fine Monday evening which is B.C. Day here in British Columbia.

    joanna_ b
    Luna Azul Mixed Media Enterprises
    Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Joanna...I like it to be very interactive if it evolves as such....I look forward to your creations!

    Blessings, Suda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susanne, I'd love to take part in this. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!...Just make sure I know who you are when you enter into the draw :)

    Warmly, Suda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ich würde auch gern mitmachen, aber Punkt 5 geht doch nicht. Kann ich trotzdem? Das ist eine mega gute Idee! Alles Liebe für dieses Projekt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ja, das war nicht als check list gemeint sondern nur als Anregungen.

    Your artwork can be sewing too if you wish or a combination or paint, paper and fabric!?

    If you participate, Maria, and your name gets drawn, I will send you artwork (original and printed) to Sweden in the equivalent value of what a workshop would cost: $135-150, minus postage.

    How does that sound?...21 days, starting tomorrow: a small piece a day and then take a photo of each or all of then together at the end and mail it to me by the deadline on Sept 1st, 2012.

    ReplyDelete