Friday 31 August 2012

Day-21

Well, We Did It....

 

...21 Days of art-shaking that was habit-making!

 

 

Here Is My 'Final' Painting No. 21


 "Reflections"
(acrylic paint & vaseline resist)

Reflections in nature are happening in the moment; reflections by us seem to be about the past; about what has happened already, and how that was for us; what we saw, thought, felt and maybe learned; reflections are best done in silence, but sometimes we become more aware while we share them....

This project has been fun for me from its spontaneous inception, all the way to its end. On the third day, I thought briefly, "what did I get myself into?!", but then I got into the rhythm of creating daily. Soon it was not a chore, but something I couldn't wait to do each day. It became a habit to make art every day, just like meditation became a daily 'craving' for me after completing Chopra's "21-Day Meditation Challenge" twice. 

And isn't it amazing that someone like Maria, who lives in a small remote town in Sweden, was able to participate and share with us her wonderful daily creations across continents! In that sense, technology is truly a gift!  With this project, I also really enjoyed the writing process combined with creating the art and daily posts on this blog, and I look forward to doing more of that.

At this moment, I feel a little sad that the creative part of this project has come to an end, but there are always new things, ideas and activities awaiting us, where we can put our passion to "work".  For now, here is a photo of all my 21 Mixed Media Challenge Creations and I am looking forward to seeing yours soon :)

 

 

21-Day Mixed Media Challenge

 

Now it's time to send in ONE photo of your 21 completed paintings in order to get entered into the draw to win the BIG prize. You have till Sept. 1, midnight to send in your pic to me by email at:

artaccess@shaw.ca

 

The Winner will be announced on Sept. 5, here on this blog, on fb and on my website:

www.artaccess.ca

 

Thank you to all of you who followed this blog! I hope this was as much fun for you as it was for me! And if you couldn't participate this time, maybe there will be a next and you can try then!

Love, light and blessings,
Susanne

 

 ******

 

 

Reflections By My Friend, Jeanne Marie, in Vancouver:

 

"West Coast Reflections Stevenson"
(digital)

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
 Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors.
 Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits.
 Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
 Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. 
Gandhi

To visit Jeanne Marie's my new website, please go to www.jeannemarieng.com and you can read her blog, order posters and cards of her photographs.

******


Maria's Last Prayer Flag:

 



And here she is with all her 21 hand-sewn Prayer Flags, not hanging yet in the forest, but close to her home by Högsby, Sweden. She writes this morning:

"First of all, heartfelt thanks for your awesome project that unfortunately ends today - I know already that I will miss it.... but you are right, it could be extended.
I am late today, because I got up really early this morning to hang my flag chain. Yes, it sounds like a contradiction, but the search after a perfect place took a real long time. After all that, the Prayer Flags are now not fluttering in the forest, but in Gillberga's highest elevation. I wrote about this whole process in a post on my blog:"


Maria with her 21 Prayer Flags hanging now in Gillberga



"Photo Montage of Maria's 21 Flags"

Maria, I will miss your morning mail and art work ~ but well done!



******

 

2 comments:

  1. No, it's not on my property! It's in the middle of Gillberga, the little village near Högsby where I'm living.
    I love your 21 pictures together photo!!! Thank you so much for these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay, I'll change that then....it is very pretty where you live! I also enjoyed more photos from your trip into the forest and the area you live!!

    Glad you like the 21-art journey we just took!

    All love,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete